You might have tried many objects to open a bottle up. Your table’s edge, your lighter, or even your wedding ring! Obviously, you go for such options when you don’t have a proper tool.
But if you have got a bottle opener, you will end up saving your furniture, your little fire maker, and your fingers.
It has become difficult to choose the best bottle opener due to the overwhelming types of bottle openers available on the market. Some of them are fancy, while others are multi-purpose.
To help you find a suitable tool, we have compiled the best bottle opener reviews.
Keep reading to find the best bottle opener money can buy!
Best Bottle Openers Listed
1. Chefman Wine Opener – Best Electric Wine Opener
- This bottle opener runs on a battery and can conveniently uncork up to 30 bottles per charge.
- It comes with an automatic corkscrew and a foil remover, and you can open the bottle with just a single touch.
- The bottle opener looks fancy due to its stainless-steel construction, but it weighs around 13 pounds.
- It’s a quality item that will be the centerpiece of your party with its sleek design and LED lights. You can also gift it to your family and friends.
- CETL certification with RJ42-SS assurance for safety and long-lasting durability makes it the best wine bottle opener.
- The opener has an effortless single-button operation. It can remove the cork in no time. Make sure to use the foil cutter first and place the opener on the bottle.
- Weight: 12.8 ounces
- Dimensions: 2-inch x 2-inch x 9.5-inch
- Material: Stainless Steel
2. Ilyever Bottle Opener – Best for Conventional Design
- Those of you looking for a bottle opener with a more traditional design should go for this one. This 2-in-1 wing bottle opener has a robust construction, and you won’t need to recharge it to open your bottles.
- Its multi-functional construction allows you to use it as a bottle opener and a corkscrew as well. As it has a classic design, it is a suitable item for any setting, whether it is your home or a restaurant.
- It’s durable due to its solid zinc alloy construction that is not only strong but resistant to corrosion. It has a very sturdy pair of arms that will allow you to remove your cork very easily.
- The design of its wing handle features anti-slip rubber that is very ergonomic constructed to provide you with an excellent grip and rotate the cork without any effort.
- Your bottle opener also comes with a bottle stopper to prevent any leaks and keep your drink as fresh as ever.
- Weight: 11.2 ounces.
- Dimensions 9.4-inch x 4.2-inch x 1-inch.
- Material: Zinc alloy and rubber.
3. Hanee Corkscrew – Best Wine Opener
- This corkscrew is made of stainless steel so that it will be durable. If you have had enough of using those flimsy corkscrews, this is the one you need to go for. It also comes with a zinc alloy coating to make it rust-free.
- On the other side, you can use this device to open your beer bottles as well. It can work equally well on soda or juice bottles.
- It is by far the best bottle opener you can give away as a gift. This bottle opener has a traditional design with robust construction and looks classy with a linen pouch.
- You can comfortably use it in any setting, including your home, in bars, in restaurants, at parties, or on picnics.
- It also comes with a foil cutter, so it’s a complete package for any wine-lover. It conveniently slides through any cork and comes with a very ergonomic wing handle.
- Weight: 8 ounces
- Dimensions: 7.2-inch x 2.68-inch x 1.89-inch
- Material: Stainless steel with zinc coating
4. RedNoel Corkscrew – Best for Feminine Use & Premium Quality
- This bottle opener kit comes with all the accessories you need, like a pro. If you are a serious wine drinker or work as a professional, you will love to have this kit in your arsenal.
- This kit includes a bottle stopper, a foil cutter, a corkscrew lever, and an additional spiral. It is entirely made of copper and has a customizable design. Therefore, it can conveniently open any bottle in size. It has a robust design, and you can easily open the bottle without any effort.
- It is convenient to use it specifically for women to open the bottle and start the celebration without breaking a sweat.
- This kit is a top choice for various occasions, and you can comfortably use it at your home or any party or social gathering outside of it.
- Weight: 24 ounces
- Dimensions 10.28-inch x 7.87-inch x 2.44-inch
- Material: Copper and plastic
5. Norpro Bottle Opener – Best Punch Bottle Opener
- Want to go with a robust quality bottle opener? Norpro is the right option. It will not be exquisite when opening wine bottles, but it sure as heck can open beer bottles for you.
- This bottle opener has a pretty durable construction with chromium steel, and wooden plates bolted. It has a straightforward design and is made for rough handling. There is nothing elegant about this bottle opener; it’s just a performer that keeps going on.
- It has a lightweight construction, and you can pretty conveniently place it in your pocket and carry it.
- You might not be able to use it to open wine bottles, but you can undoubtedly open beer cans with it. It doesn’t require much maintenance either, and you can conveniently hand wash it. It is a top choice for any gathering, but it is best for camping and RVing.
- Weight: 2.82 ounces.
- Dimensions 5.75-inch x 0.75-inch x 1.5-inch.
- Material: Chromium Steel and Hardwood..
6. Pop-The-Top Bottle Opener – Best Bottle Top Opener
- This stainless-steel opener has a straightforward operation. You need to push it down and pop off the bottle caps.
- Available in a black and silver finish, this bottle opener has a sleek design, but there is nothing complicated associated with its use.
- It is probably the simplest of all the designs to use because you need to apply some pressure on the opener to get it opened. There is no twisting of the or pulling required here. Put it on, push it and take it off!
- The decapper is an excellent gift for gadget lovers as it looks quite innovative. It works well with any bottle with crown caps.
- The mechanism is made of stainless steel, while the decapper itself is made of aluminum. Therefore, it has a lightweight construction.
- Weight: 3.68 ounces.
- Dimensions: 2-inch x 2-inch x 3-inch.
- Material: Stainless Steel and Aluminum.
7. Maexus Bottle Opener – Best Multi-Purpose Bottle Opener
- This multi-purpose bottle opener is going to be your ideal choice for traveling. Your purchase not only includes a 5-in-1 bottle opener but a 6-in-1 jar opener.
- You can conveniently seal the soda lids with the twist grips. It has a simple enough design that your kids can comfortably use it.
- It has a very ergonomic design and converts the force from your hand to the cap effortlessly. It is designed to keep your hands safe during operation with a non-slip grip. Therefore, it works in a very efficient manner.
- Due to its design, this bottle opener is convenient to store. When it comes to cleaning and maintenance, it is one of the best openers for that. You can conveniently wash it with your hands, and it will be new again. You can use it for opening cans and sealing zippers.
- Weight: 6.4 ounces.
- Dimensions: 5.51-inch x 4.53-inch x 0.91-inch.
- Material: Stainless steel alloy, TPR, and PP.
8. Geekey Bottle Opener – Best Multi-Tool Bottle Opener with Keychain
- Here’s a Geeky bottle opener for anyone who loves gadgets and stuff. It essentially is more than just a bottle opener. The key-shaped tool fits into your pocket very conveniently, and you can put it into your keychains as well.
- What makes it one of the best keychain bottle openers is that you can use it as a ruler, screwdriver, bit driver, wrench, filer, and spoke key.
- It is entirely made of stainless steel and has a durable construction, and can perform over 16 functions. So, it is an excellent choice for all those quick fixes. You can quickly put it into your keychain.
- If you have a thing for camping and RV, you will find this bottle-opening multi-purpose tool handy.
- Weight: 0.64 ounces.
- Dimensions: 2.76-inch x 1.14-inch x 0.2-inch.
- Material: Stainless Steel.
9. Xthel Bottle Opener – Best Keyring Bottle Opener
- Perhaps you think multi-tool bottle openers are a bit too much, and you need a simple design, but you like the idea of having your opener in your keyring! Well, here’s the best bottle opener keychain. But this one has a very simpleton design with just an F-shaped bottle opener.
- It is made of titanium and is relatively durable. You can also carry it in your keyring because of its lightweight design.
- This opener can deal with your beer and bottles with ease and has crustless construction for added durability.
- With a minimalistic design, it will not take much space in your keyring either, but it will keep the party going, wherever you are.
- The design is only functional with crown cap bottles, and you can’t use it on wine bottles. Plus, you will have to open your bottles because they will not open them in one go.
- Weight: 0.32 ounces.
- Dimensions: 1.97-inch x 0.35-inch x 0.16-inch.
- Material: Titanium.
Bottle Opener Buying Guide
Bottle openers are available in all shapes and sizes. And if you don’t know what you want to achieve with your opener besides opening some caps, you might make a wrong decision.
You need to keep in your mind some important points when buying the best bottle opener. This buying guide will highlight them to ensure you don’t end up with the wrong opener in your hand.
Bottle Opener Types
There are different types of bottle openers you can find on the market. Some of them are electric, while others are manual and still you can find some automatic too.
Manual bottle openers are a huge category when we talk about design, shape, and size. It comprises a range of standard openers and bar blades, church keys, pocket openers, and keychains.
The electric and automatic bottle openers don’t have many further subclasses. Electric bottle openers are more popular to open wine bottles because they remove foil along with the cork. These bottle openers focus more on user-friendliness when opening a wine bottle.
If you want to get into more details, only the corkscrew models have six types. You can find the traditional screwpulls, winged, wine keys, legacy, lever, automatic and electric.
Traditional screwpulls are the hardest to use, but they are portable too. Wine keys are mobile as well because of their small size. They come with a foil cutter again. But winged models are the easiest to use because they have levels on each side, and you will have to push them down and get the cork out. But they are not suitable for aged wines.
Levers are very user-friendly, but they are expensive too. They don’t require any amount of hand strength at all. And then, of course, there are battery-operated models and rechargeable openers. Legacy openers are high-quality models, and they have an appeal for the collectors. They have a very antique style and prove to be the best choice for gifting.
Bottle Opener Design
These bottle openers need to be functional as well as stylish. Therefore, design has a huge role to play. A simple bottle opener and the traditional corkscrew design have been evolved into several other shapes and forms.
Most of them are fun and aesthetically very pleasing. However, these designs’ functionality can vary, with some forms focusing too much on fanciness and forgetting about the original function.
It has a bit of both form and function when you use a bottle opener to make you look good and get the job done simultaneously.
Bottle Opener Materials
Most of the bottle openers you will find on the market are made of some kind of metal or an alloy. Stainless steel is the most usual choice, but some manufacturers also incorporate rubber, wood, or plastic.
The quality and type of material used in the construction of a bottle opener directly influence its weight. Metals are going to be heavier than any other materials, but they will be more durable.
If you are going to apply force on your opener, it needs to be sturdy enough to take it and open the bottle in the process. So, steel alloy is going to be a must-have material for this.
But if you are going to open many bottles, the metal will start hurting your hands. This is where you can go for those rubber grips for wooden plates that are more forgiving.
Like we have just mentioned, these bottle openers can work as accessories. And this means you can conveniently take them with you no matter where you go. But how can you bring them into your world of supplements? You can hang them with your pants, or you can put them in your pocket.
Some of them can be worn like a ring. The best option for your bottle openers’ accessories is to use them in your keychains like Xthel bottle openers. Some of them allow you to use them as your multi-purpose tools, as well as the Geeky bottle opener that we have listed above.
Bottle Opener Size
Convenience is directly linked with size as well. The openers are smaller in size and more convenient to handle than their bigger counterparts. But the material has no role to play here because you can conveniently find more miniature bottle openers that are far heavier than lighter yet bigger models and vice versa. Therefore, in bottle openers, size is just a matter of preference and nothing else.
Bottle Opener Functionality
A significant number of people think that these bottle openers should only work as bottle openers and nothing else.
Some designs meet this criterion strictly, like the Xthel, while other designs focus more on multi-purpose tools like the Geeky. And some of them can be used to open wine bottles and crown cap soda or beer bottles and be fancy, like Chefman.
Therefore, it is up to you to choose what type of functionality you want it to be a multi-purpose tool, or do you want it to be just a bottle opener! Maybe you need to go for only slight bling as well: it’s all up to you!
Bottle Opener FAQ
Why is it easier to open a bottle cap using a bottle opener?
It is easier because forces are acting on the levers because of the pivoting effect. When you pull on one end of the opener, it pivots right on the middle of the cap, and the lip of our opener opens the lid up.
Why is a bottle opener a church key?
It is made of cast iron and resembles the look and feel of the door key of a church. In the later years, cans entered the brewing business, and can openers become popular, but the name church-key was shifted to the can openers.
What are the two sides of a bottle opener for?
The end with a hole is for opening a crown bottle cap, while the beaked end is designed for you to punch a hole in the can.
What is the round end of a bottle opener used for?
The bottle opener’s round end allows you to open a crown cap bottle by placing it on the cap’s top.
What is the best automatic wine opener?
Where can I buy a good wine opener?
Your best chances of finding a good quality wine opener are online through a quality retailer like Amazon because you can explore a wide range of options right in the comfort of your home.
Can you push a cork into a wine bottle?
Yes, you can push it into your wine bottle. Your wine will remain adequate, but you will have to be a bit careful because as you are pushing the cork into the bottle, the pressure inside is increasing as well. You might end up spraying the wine out.
Are wine corks edible?
These corks will not hurt you, but they don’t taste good in your mouth because it’s just tree bark.
How do you use a butterfly wine opener?
Butterfly or corkscrew wine opener requires you to use both hands and press down on the wings. It will drive the cork up and out of the bottle. Remove the cork from the corkscrew by twisting it anti-clockwise.
Overall the best bottle opener and the winner of this roundup is the Chefman Wine Opener. This opener is a pretty elegant showpiece and functions well. And the close runner-up is the Ilyever Bottle Opener due to its conventional design and user-friendliness. The second runner-up in the Hanee Corkscrew, thanks to its ergonomic design.
These bottle openers not only focus on form but function as well. And of course, you won’t have to use your furniture and fingers or even teeth to open a bottle ever again with these little gizmos by your side.